If I were to Build a NASCAR team...

If I were to Build a NASCAR Team....

By: Brian Cotnoir

It's a scenario most die hard NASCAR fans have run through in their minds: If I were to put together a NASCAR team, who would I put on my team.  Most people would probably say that they'd have Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Jimmie Johnson, Chase Elliot, Martin Truex Jr., or Denny Hamlin on their teams, but let's be realistic: Unless you were a billionaire who didn't care about spending money, there is no way you could convince those drivers to be on your team.

No if you were to start up a NASCAR team (in any of the top 3 series), you'd be starting at the bottom, and unless you had some Big Brand Name corporate sponsor backing up your team, you're going to be hurting financially to get your team going.  If I were to win 100 Million dollars in Power ball (after I get devastated in taxes) one of the first things I'd want to do with that prize money is start a NASCAR team (just like Joe Denette).  I don't know if I'd start out at the Cup Level right away, or start in the Xfinity series, but I know the two drivers I would hire to race for my team they are both under appreciated drivers who have been around NASCAR for the past decade with some few successful races under their belts despite running for some less successful teams in NASCAR.

The First Driver I'd hire would be Landon Cassill.  Now Cassill has driven for some garbage teams in his Cup Career such as BK Racing, Circle Sport-Hilman Racing, Front Row Motorsports, StarCom Racing, etc..  But, Cassill always manages to qualify for those races, and despite driving for so many garbage teams does manage to make.  He also has had twelve Top 10 finishes in the Xfinity Series and finished a career best 12th in points in 2014.  His average finish in the Xfinity Series is around 21st place.  I think Cassill has the potential to be a Top 20 driver and with a little more time and some financial backing can probably drive himself into the Chase with a string of Top 15 finishes.

Landon Cassill

The Second Driver I'd hire is Ryan Sieg.  I've been a huge fan of Ryan Sieg since 2014 season, and I'm thoroughly impressed with what he's done with his small family run team.  Sieg is constantly earning praise from NASCAR analysts for a string of solid runs for his team RSS Racing.  He finished a career best 2nd last year at Iowa, and in 2016 finished a career best 9th in the final points standings.  He made 5 Cup Level starts last year for often under performing BK racing, and managed a couple Top 30 finishes.   The fact that he did not turn into a Start N Park, or pull off track after a 20 laps with a junk engine, is pretty impressive.  Sieg, knows how to take care of his equipment and avoid wrecks (in most races) and is becoming quite a talented Super speedway driver.  If I was to start up a team, I'd definitely want a driver on my team who knows the limits of their cars and can also squeeze every bit of horsepower out their machines.

Ryan Sieg

I think both of these drivers have a ton of potential, and would make a great pair of teammates in either the Cup Level or the Xfinity Series.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 10 Most Iconic Paint Schemes in NASCAR Cup History

Top 10 Ugliest Paint Schemes in NASCAR History

Another 10 Awesome NASCAR Paint Scheme's that you (may have) forgot about