My thoughts on the upcoming NASCAR race @ the "Charlotte Roval"

An Article by Brian Cotnoir

Oh NASCAR...what the hell are you doing?   A playoff Race on a Road Course?  At Charlotte Motor Speedway?  Seriously?   I mean, a good chunk of us Fans have been wanting to see a Road Course Race in the Playoffs for quite some time, but doing it at a track that was designed as an oval for the 1st time, I don't think you understand the damage implications this race could have.

I think that this road course race in Charlotte is going to be a disaster!  Why couldn't you have just moved the Watkins Glen or Infineon Weekend to the playoffs? At least drivers have experience at those tracks.  Hell even tracks like Road America, or Circuit Gilles Villeneueve? Anything makes more sense than having a Road Course Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway!

To me, this move reeks of desperation, and I think that 10+ years down the road, we will all be regarding this decision as one of the biggest quagmires in the history of NASCAR.   The testing footage I've seen so far doesn't look all that exciting.   I think this race is going to crash and burn harder than the Hindenburg!



What if a Road Course Ringer like A.J. Allmendinger win's the race and he's not in playoff contention?   How will you handle something like that?  This could screw a lot of drivers and cost some serious title contenders a shot at the championship.   I think the Playoffs are a piss poor excuse to try and make racing "more exciting".  Here's the thing: Auto Racing was already exciting!  It's vehicles going 200 MPH battling for victories, and at seasons end the Best Driver Should be the Champion.

You see NASCAR this is why I've been favoring Formula 1 more over you.  Yes, I know that only a handful of drivers in that sport stand a legit chance of winning each race, but at least there's 6 of them to choose from,   instead of the 3-4 drivers you've got this year!   And the racing in Formula 1 is exciting, without mandatory cautions throughout the race, and "Win & Your In Championships".   NASCAR, I feel like you're eventually you're going to dig yourself a hole, you won't be able to get out of, and I'm also worried that you probably wont' survive to the end of the next decade, unless you stop making all these new changes and go back to your roots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 10 Most Iconic Paint Schemes in NASCAR Cup History

Top 10 Ugliest Paint Schemes in NASCAR History

Another 10 Awesome NASCAR Paint Scheme's that you (may have) forgot about