My 5 Favorite F1 Liveries


My 5 Favorite F1 Liveries
A List by Brian Cotnoir

          I’m now on my fourth season of watching Formula 1 racing, and yeah, I’m still hooked.   When I’m not writing my other articles on Formula 1, and watching races, I’m learning as much as I can about Formula 1 racing.  It’s been a nice series to follow ever since I gave up on NASCAR, and it has such a rich and interesting history.   I am by no means an expert on Formula, but one thing that still cracks me up is how upset F1 fans (especially in the UK) get when I refer to make some amends, of sorts, and I want to talk about my Favorite F1  Liveries.  

5.)  Hans Joachim Stuck, March 761

March Grand Prix in the 1970’s was just a clusterf*ck of crazy.  They had 3 full-time drivers in 1976, none of them had the same livery, and my favorite one was the Jagermeister car driven by Hans Joachim-Stuck.  I like this car for really two reasons; one Jagermeister is one of my favorite alcohol brands, and the orange paint on this car just looks so nice!   Seriously,  there are so many teams that have had ugly orange liveries—McLaren, Renault, Arrows—but the one driven by Hans Joachim Stuck stands out above the rest!


4.)  Nigel Mansell, Williams, Red 5

I actually had a toy version of Red 5 as a kid.  I thought it was an IndyCar (give me a break, I was six), and as an adult I was watching the Williams documentary and I saw Red 5, and I realized that I had a Red 5 toy car as a kid.  If nothing alone, I like it just for the shear nostalgia factor.


3.)  Jenson Button & Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP

My favorite Formula 1 story of the century has to be the story of Brawn GP winning the drivers and constructors championship in their only season.   It’s a very plain looking car, but it stands out so much; the white car, the highlighter yellow, and the read Virgin logos.  Its beauty lies in its simplicity.  Considering the team didn’t even exist until a couple of months before the start of the 2009 season, I’m glad this car had lots of success in F1


2.)  Mario Andretti, Gunnar Nilson, Ronnie Peterson, Lotus 78

Mario Andretti was the last American F1 winner and champion.   I yearn and hope for the day that another American will race and be competitive in Formula 1, and when they return I hope their car has a livery as cool as Lotus 78.



1.)  Jacques Laffite, Jacky Ickx, Patrick Depallier, Equipe Ligier JS 11

I love Ligier’s.   I think they are the best looking F1 cars, and I what’s cool is their liveries remained largely unchanged for almost 2 decades, but if I had to pick just one of them, I’d have to say the JS 11!  It’s my favorite F1 car of All-Time and to me there’s not race car more beautiful



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 10 Most Iconic Paint Schemes in NASCAR Cup History

Top 10 Ugliest Paint Schemes in NASCAR History

Another 10 Awesome NASCAR Paint Scheme's that you (may have) forgot about